Desang Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Desang Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2018.
What we collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you although usually we only ever need your name and email address, anything else will be collected only with your additional consent:
* name and job title
* contact information including email address
* demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
* other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
* Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
* Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or make a purchase.
* Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
* Internal record keeping.
* We may use the information to improve our products and services.
* We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
* From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We will contact you by email. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever. You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.
We sometimes use the Facebook and Twitter pixel tags to help us understand how effective our marketing is on those sites. When you sign up for our products, services or reports we using a pixel tag to track those conversions to a particular advert on Facebook or Twitter.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically. Sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
* In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
* Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
* To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
* whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
* if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
By ticking the opt-in box to allow us to send our marketing to you, you allow us to add you in to our database. This we use to send you our newsletter and occasional bulletins about news, events or products related to living with diabetes. By signing up to our marketing we may allow third parties to send information to those persons on our database. Again, these will only be if they may have products or services that assist people with diabetes. We are not endorsing these products but allow that some recipients may find them useful so we will facilitate initial dialogue.
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Desang Ltd, 86 Station Road, West Byfleet, KT14 6DX.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.