The free event, Fusion: Type 1 Diabetes Tech for Experienced Users, takes place on Saturday 5 December from 10am via Zoom. It is aimed at people who currently use technology and devices to manage their Type 1 diabetes, or those who have already attended a Fusion Beginners event.
The virtual event brings together healthcare professionals and people with Type 1 diabetes to talk about current and upcoming technology, how to access it and where to find further support.
It will let like-minded individuals living with Type 1 diabetes share their personal stories of how they manage the condition. There will also be an opportunity to meet medical technology companies and ask questions. The sessions include:
- Type 1 Technology – an update on all things including looping
Dr Sufyan Hussain (Consultant Diabetes and Endocrine Physician at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital and Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer at King’s College London), Sara Hartnell (Principal Diabetes Dietitian for Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Trust)
- Lived experience: Med Tech and Me
Ben Smith and Tim Street talk about using med tech to manage their diabetes
- A look at JDRF’s funded technology research programme and our mission to accelerate access to treatments and technology
Conor McKeever, Research Communications Manager, JDRF
- Meet the tTpe 1 diabetes medical technology companies, in our Virtual Exhibition
Hear about the products available and then put your questions to them.
- How smartphone apps can help you manage your type 1 diabetes
Youtuber @Nerdiabetic and Maddie Julian, Co-Founder of DigiBete
- Making airport security easier for people living with Type 1 diabetes for people using medical devices
The event follows previous Fusion events which have been highly successful. One participant commented, “A relaxed, informative and easy way to learn more about T1 diabetes management. As well as chat with people with first-hand experience of living with diabetes alongside the medical experts.”
Find out more about the event and register here: https://jdrf.org.uk/event/jdrf-fusion-type-1-diabetes-technology-and-devices-for-experienced-users/
Around two years ago JDRF and Input joined forces and missions to:
- Accelerate the progress of research to cure, treat and prevent Type 1
- Support and make life better for the Type 1 community
- Improve access to treatments and technologies.
Fusion is an online event delivered by experts and people living with Type 1. The event will help attendees to:
- Understand what devices and technology are available to help manage their condition
- Meet like-minded individuals, hear personal stories and ways of managing
- Meet the medical technology companies themselves and have an opportunity to ask questions