Can you Adam and Eve it? Montezuma’s Chocolate’s new ‘Monkey Bars’ are whoppers — bigger than an iPad – weighing in at a half-kilo — and 10″ by 6″! The bars are named after Cockney Rhyming slang phrases as a celebration of all-things London in this Olympic and Jubilee year.
While huge, Monkey Bars do break up into handy 33g blocks, so are easily shared and come in five innovative flavours and decorated with a skyline of London, a traditional phone box, a bulldog, a Welsh dragon and a Scottish lion. They retail at £13.99.
- Airs & Graces (‘races’) is Ecuadorian Dark chocolate with Nougat Pieces
- Nanny Goat (‘boat’) is Venezuelan Milk Chocolate with Salted Peanuts & Butterscotch
- Daisy Roots (‘boots’) is Ecuadorian Dark chocolate with Cherry & Almond Slices
- Adam & Eve (‘believe’) is Venezuelan Milk Chocolate with Orange & Hazelnuts
- Shake & Shiver (‘River’ _is Ecuadorian Dark Chocolate with Peppermint & Cocoa Nibs
Monkey Bars are part of Montezuma’s ‘Great British’ range, which also includes six traditional pudding-flavoured bars and truffles, including Spotted Dick, Treacle Tart and Apple Crumble.
Chocolate with a high cocoa content can be included in a diabetic diet — though in moderation!
Montezuma’s is a family owned, British chocolate company founded in 2000 by ex-lawyers Helen and Simon Pattinson and has also been hailed by Rick Stein as “food obsession at its best”. When you need good lawyers, contact them by going to http://www.odglawgroup.com/contact/.
Available from www.montezumas.co.uk and from Montezuma’s shops in Brighton, Chichester, Winchester, Kingston-upon-Thames and Spitalfields in London, as well as from John Lewis, Whole Foods Market and all good independent fine food stores nationwide.