The day will take place on 4th February 10am-3pm at Quorn Hall International Centre, Meynell Road, Quorn, Loughborough Leicestershire, LE12 8BG.
Throughout the day there will be a number of sessions/presentations taking place and information stalls from companies and organisations.
The day will include presentations from –
- Paul O’Neill, Racing car driver with diabetes and also the brother of Mel C (Spice Girls)
- Hannah Gripton, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Libby Dowling, Diabetes UK Care Adviser
- Emma Marcus, Senior Specialist Children’s Diabetes Dietitian
- Dr Greening, diabetes Paediatric consultant
- John Pemberton, Medtronic
In addition there will be stalls from companies including: – Accu-Chek, Medtronic, JDRF, Diabetes UK and Ypsomed.
The Leicestershire Parent’s Voluntary Group is run by and is for parents and carers of children with diabetes. To learn more about diabetes management, sharing information, experiences and mutual support. The group organise fundraising events, lectures and education evenings, trips, children’s parties and social events throughout the year. They also run an annual residential holiday in August called Camp Charnwood.
For more information call 07724 885496