Our magazine is free!

for living with diabetes

UK distribution partner for Mendor Discreet blood test meter

Mendor, the Finnish diabetes technology company, has signed a distribution agreement with Merck Serono to cover the United Kingdom diabetes market.

This new partnership adds to the list of distribution agreements Mendor has announced recently.

Mendor’s first product, a blood glucose meter the Mendor Discreet, is a unique device that contains all the necessary components for daily blood glucose measurements: the meter, 25 strips and a lancing device in an integrated, stylish device the size of a mobile phone. Mendor Discreet is designed to simplify the lives of people with diabetes who regularly need to test their blood glucose levels.

With the Mendor Discreet blood glucose meter, the patient also gets a license for the Mendor Balance, an advanced cloud‐based self‐care application. Mendor Balance lets people with diabetes see the full picture of their treatment, and helps in recognizing and setting personalized improvement targets. The data produced by the application also gives health care professionals a solid evidence‐based platform for discussion with the patient.

Mendor and Merck Serono are aim to launch in the British market this March at the Diabetes UK exhibition in Glasgow where healthcare professionals will be able to see first‐hand this new easy‐to‐use, highly portable and integrated device. You will be able to talk to healthcare providers about this meter from April onwards and we’ll keep you informed as to progress as to obtaining one.

Mendor’s CEO Kristian Ranta comments, “We are thrilled to have such a great partnership in place with a true global frontrunner in diabetes care ‐ Merck Serono. We are looking forward to building a better future for people with diabetes together with solid partners such as Merck Serono.”

Founded in 2006 in Helsinki, Finland, Mendor develops, manufactures and markets innovative diabetes management products.

Read more and see video about the meter here.

Submit Comment »

• Andrew Borrett's Comment Andrew Borrett Posted On: Feb 28th, 2012 at 19:20

Hi Sue

The Mendor Discreet is a great device and very easy to use as I was lucky enough to give one a try last year.

When I first saw the Mendor meter I could not belive it is it looks amazing and very compact indeed, it is a very high tech looking piece of kit and it is very exciting to know it may be available in the UK very soon.

Sue, can you confirm if the test strips are or will they be available on prescription in the UK please as I am certainly interested ?

Thanks very much and well done to Mendor for their amazing design.

Andrew Borrett

• Bryan Mahony's Comment Bryan Mahony Posted On: Sep 5th, 2016 at 16:13

I have a Mendor discreet meter, where can I get the test strip cartridges, my local chemist is unable to find a supplier. I live in Herefordshire England.

• sue's Comment sue Posted On: Sep 7th, 2016 at 15:52

Hi Bryan, Mendor is the manufacturer. They are based in Finland. http://www.mendor.com
    The meter was originally brought into the UK by another company, Merck Serono. However it now seems to be in the portfolio of Springmed Solutions, who tell me that they are trying to get stock from Mendor.
    info@springmedsolutions.com
    Website: http://springmedsolutions.com/
    Phone: 08455-240047
    I’d call both companies / email them. Seems a poor show.
    Sue

• Tamsin Parry's Comment Tamsin Parry Posted On: Nov 11th, 2016 at 11:38

Hi
    Have been very satisfied with my device and had no problems obtaining testing stipe until a 2 smonth ago when my pharmacy told me that they were unable to provide them as the manufacturer was unable to supply. I have sent 3 emails of enquiry but I think that may have been the US site so am hopeful that you may be able to help please.
    Tamsin

• sue's Comment sue Posted On: Nov 14th, 2016 at 11:19

Hi Tamson,

Otherwise I think you should be looking at changing meters. I know, not an easy choice — too much choice! I’d suggest, if you’re looking for an all-in-one then the Accu-Chek Mobile from Roche or the Dario.

Good luck, Sue

• Mr Paul Johnson's Comment Mr Paul Johnson Posted On: Mar 14th, 2017 at 15:54

hi got a problem being using this monitor for over five years
    a brilliant little meter,but over the the last 3 months have not been able to receive any test strips
    what is going on

• sue's Comment sue Posted On: Mar 22nd, 2017 at 12:10

Hi Paul, You would have to ask your GP to look up Mendor test strips. I do not know if they are still on prescription. They do not seem to be available… as I mentioned on the phone to you just now, you are not the first person to contact me about this. The company that tried to bring the Mendor meter to the UK was Merck Serono, but I’m pretty sure that they stopped trying to promote it. I do not know why. You can go direct to Mendor and ask them if they have a UK distributor. http://mendor.com/

They both have strips on prescription. Of the two, the Accu-Chek brand has a bigger footprint in the UK — basically you will always be able to get strips. Check with your GP first though. You might have to argue your case (convenience, discretion, peace of mind) if he quibbles about strip test cost. Sue

""

nl-imageDirect to your inbox, our

free online magazine.

Sign up for the Desang Diabetes Magazine for new products, special offers and news.

*We will never email you more often than once a week (usually once a month). You can easily unsubscribe at any time. It’s finger-pricking good!

Close Don't show again